Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
95 Scripps Drive
Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone: (916) 929-1833
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
8723 Sierra College Blvd
Granite Bay, CA 95746
Phone: (916) 773-5559
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Feeling happy with the appearance of your breasts can enhance your self-image and help you feel more fulfilled in general. Because gravity, pregnancy, and weight changes can cause the breasts to flatten and sag, many women find themselves wishing for a breast makeover. Dr. Wayne Yamahata is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can renew your look with breast lift surgery in Sacramento and Granite Bay. Through decades of specialized experience, he will customize the procedure for your body and give your breasts back a more firm and youthful shape.
Breast Lift Surgery Benefits
Breast lift surgery, technically called a mastopexy, provides breast enhancement for Sacramento and Granite Bay women by:
- Lifting breasts that are saggy and drawn
- Restoring a firm, rounded shape
- Raising nipples that point downwards
- Reducing enlarged areolas
- Providing balance between breasts
“Kind, compassionate bedside manner. He listened to what I wanted to see for results of the surgery and he called me at home to check on me personally after surgery. My results are just as I hoped for.”*
*Your results may vary.
Breast Lift With Augmentation
Although a breast lift is a wonderful procedure on its own for women who are already satisfied with the size of their breasts, it’s quite common to combine the surgery with a breast augmentation for comprehensive improvement in both the size and position of the breasts.
You’re likely a candidate for this option if you wish to enlarge your breasts as well as see less sagging, as was the case for the patient in the photos below. Dr. Yamahata can perform the 2 procedures simultaneously for your convenience.
What Are the Different Types of Breast Lift?
Dr. Yamahata can use different incision options for breast lift procedures. In general, more significant lifts will require more significant incisions. Although he makes every effort to ensure your incisions heal to faint, discreet scars, some scarring is inevitable. During your consultation, Dr. Yamahata gives you a better idea of the incision that may be best for you and explains how you can further minimize your scars with good aftercare habits. Your options are:
- Doughnut: This incision traces completely around the perimeter of the areola. In most cases, this incision fades to a discreet scar that blends with the natural color delineation of this skin.
- Lollipop: This incision is so named because it traces around the areola and then extends vertically down the bottom half of the breast in a lollipop-shaped pattern.
- Anchor: The most significant incision, called the anchor incision, traces around the areola, down the bottom of the breast, and across the breast crease beneath the breast. This incision allows Dr. Yamahata to make a major improvement in the appearance of the breasts. The overwhelming majority of women who undergo breast lift surgery agree that their scars are small prices to pay for their beautiful, revived breasts.
About Breast Lift Surgery
Dr. Yamahata typically performs breast lift surgery as an outpatient procedure in his AAAA-certified surgery center, using either intravenous sedation with local anesthetic or general anesthesia. The surgery takes approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete, depending on the amount of correction you need and whether your breast lift is combined with other procedures. During the surgery, he removes excess tissue and stretched skin, reshapes and repositions the nipples and areolas if desired, and then lifts and sculpts the breasts. While Dr. Yamahata is skilled in traditional breast lift techniques, he frequently uses a customized approach to ensure each woman attains the most flattering results for her body.
Find more answers about your desired procedure on our FAQ page.Learn More
How long does it take to recover from a breast lift?
You can expect to return to non-strenuous daily activities after about a week.
How can I speed up my recovery after breast lift surgery?
Dr. Yamahata will give you a very detailed set of post-operative instructions to help speed up your recovery. It’s important to:
- Wear your surgical support bra for about a month to minimize swelling and promote healing.
- Stay hydrated.
- Keep incisions dry until released to shower.
- Avoid foods and drugs that thin the blood.
- Come in for your regular follow-up visits.
- Get up and move about frequently rather than lying in bed.
- Refrain from strenuous activity as directed.
Dr. Yamahata and/or a staff member will personally check in with you after your surgery and address any concerns if necessary.
Top Doctor Award Winner
Sacramento Magazine’s annual list honors medical professionals from the Sacramento area in their respective fields — and Dr. Yamahata is among them.Request a Consultation
How painful is recovery after breast lift surgery?
When you leave the surgery center, your breasts will be lightly wrapped in bandages to minimize any discomfort. Pain can usually be controlled following breast lift surgery with prescription pain medication. Most patients need the medication for only about 2 to 3 days after surgery.
When can I work out after breast lift surgery?
While individual experiences vary, most breast lift patients are ready to resume gentle walking a few days after surgery, begin low impact cardio workouts after about 3 or 4 weeks, and then gradually add in more strenuous activity. It’s important to follow Dr. Yamahata’s post-op restrictions to avoid setbacks in your recovery.
Your Next Step
Dr. Yamahata and his staff understand that the decision to undergo any sort of cosmetic surgery can be overwhelming. To help aid your research, explore the most frequently asked questions about breast lift surgery.Back to Top