There’s a reason I chose to practice plastic surgery in Sacramento. To me, there is nothing more rewarding than helping people live more confident lives. I’ve seen firsthand the difference cosmetic procedures can make, from moms reclaiming their pre-pregnancy bodies to women feeling free to wear whatever they want with confidence. Even the smallest enhancements can make a world of difference for the right person.
If you’re considering a cosmetic procedure and are worried about the stigma associated with plastic surgery, I encourage you to remember why you’re making the choice and focus on the empowerment you’ll feel when you take steps to improve the way you feel about yourself.
Busting the Myths
It’s not uncommon to hear people discuss the negative side of plastic surgery. There are 2 common statements that come up, which often drive much of the negative connotations:
- The results aren’t worth the risks: Many people believe the risks associated with surgery outweigh the potential benefits. However, the reality is that risks are lower than ever thanks to developments in medicine and technology. The likelihood of getting great results without experiencing complications is very high, especially when you work with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- It’s motivated by vanity: Self-confidence plays a significant role in our daily lives. There is no shame in wanting to feel happy with the way you look. Why struggle with a concern that makes you feel insecure when plastic surgery can safely and effectively correct it? In reality, vanity has nothing to do with the feeling of freedom that comes with a healthy, positive self-image.
The Power of Plastic Surgery
As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I’ve seen firsthand just how powerful plastic surgery can be. The look in my patients’ eyes when they see the results they’ve been dreaming of says it all. There are countless ways a surgical procedure can make a difference in someone’s life, including:
- Helping a mother reclaim her pre-pregnancy body with a mommy makeover.
- Turning back the clock with a facelift to help someone look as young as they feel.
- Balancing a woman’s body proportions with breast augmentation.
- Complementing hard-earned weight loss results with a tummy tuck.
Thanks to my experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon, I can create results that look natural and leave behind little, if any, telltale signs of surgery. I focus on creating results that help my patients look and feel like the best versions of themselves. Ultimately, the goal of plastic surgery is not to drastically change the way you look, but to help you live your most confident life.
If you’re considering a plastic surgery procedure, I encourage you to shake off the stigma and make the choice that feels right for you. If that means pursuing plastic surgery in the Sacramento area, I’m eager to help. Please contact us using the online form or call (916) 929-1833 (Sacramento) or (916) 773-5559 (Granite Bay) to request a consultation.
Leave a Reply