Explore the possibilities. View before-and-after photos of some of Dr. Yamahata's actual plastic surgery patients.
You have a variety of choices related to breast implants that enable Sacramento plastic surgeon Dr. Wayne Yamahata to personalize your breast augmentation results. He will go over each choice with you, explain the advantages and disadvantages, and determine the unique combination that is right for your natural anatomy, lifestyle, and aesthetic goals.
If you're interested in meeting with Dr. Yamahata at his Roseville or Sacramento office to discuss breast augmentation, request a consultation online, or call his office in Sacramento at (916) 929-1833 or Roseville at (916) 773-5559 .
Real Patients, Beautiful Results
Photos showing actual patients offer the best testament to Dr. Yamahata's talent and artistic eye. Please visit our photo gallery showing other breast augmentation patients. See more results.
Saline or Silicone
Dr. Yamahata offers only FDA-approved saline and cohesive silicone breast implants for his breast augmentation patients. Saline and silicone have their own advantages and drawbacks, which Dr. Yamahata will review with you at your consultation.
- Saline implants are filled after they are inserted, so incisions are typically very small and the size of the implant can be adjusted after it is placed. If a saline implant leaks, which is very rare, the harmless liquid is absorbed by the body. Saline implants may have more visible rippling and wrinkling than silicone implants.
- Silicone implants are available for cosmetic use in women age 22 and older. These implants are prefilled with a cohesive silicone gel and can often be inserted through a small incision with the help of a Keller Funnel™. This innovative medical device, which looks much like a pastry bag, enables Dr. Yamahata to insert the implant without force or direct contact to the implant. Silicone implants may provide a more natural look and feel than saline.
Implant size is often one of the first decisions patients ask Dr. Yamahata about. This decision is not as straightforward as one would think because implants are measured by volume (cubic centimeters or cc) and not by cup size like bras. Dr. Yamahata will consider several factors when determining your implant size including the:
- Amount of breast tissue you have
- Looseness (laxity) of your breast skin
- Breast size you'd like to attain
During your consultation, you will have the opportunity to show Dr. Yamahata photos of women whose breasts are the size you'd like to have. In addition to his patient photo gallery, we have many before-and-after patient photos available for you to look over in our office.
Before & After Photos
View Photo Gallery
Breast implants are available in 2 shapes, round and teardrop (also called contoured or anatomical). Teardrop implants follow a natural, sloped breast shape with more fullness at the bottom. They must be inserted with skill and precision because they can appear skewed if not placed correctly. Round implants, the most popular choice, offer the following benefits:
- Increase fullness of the upper portion of the breast
- Shift naturally with the patient's body movements
- Enhance cleavage by filling out the sides and tops of the breasts
- Cannot become misshapen if the implant rotates
The outer covering of both saline and silicone breast implants, called the shell, is made of strong, elastic silicone. The surface of the shell can be smooth or textured. All contoured implants have a textured shell to prevent them from being displaced or turning, which can distort the shape of the breast. If you choose round implants, you will have the option of either textured or smooth shells. A smooth shell will feel and move more naturally.
Breast implants are available in several profiles to accommodate the width of your frame and breasts. Profile options include low, moderate, and high, and specify how far the implant will push the breast tissue out from the chest wall. Low-profile implants tend to be wider; high-profile implants tend to be narrower. For example, 350 cc implants of different profiles may have the same volume, but the wider, low-profile implant will not push the breast tissue out as far from the chest wall as the narrower, high-profile implant.
Your Custom Procedure
By offering a range of products and surgical techniques, Dr. Yamahata gives patients the chance to take full advantage of all the options available for breast augmentation. He combines multiple factors – your aesthetic desires, your body's frame, the existing size of your breasts, and your skin tone, among others – so that he can customize your procedure to get results that look natural. Having so many choices can sometimes be overwhelming for patients, but Dr. Yamahata takes his time during your consultation to ensure you understand all of the options.
Sacramento Magazine's annual list honors medical professionals from the Sacramento area in their respective fields — and Dr. Yamahata is among them.Meet Dr. Yamahata